Beacons Community Standards
Trust and safety are major priorities for Beacons. We've created these standards to articulate what is and isn't allowed on our platform.
Please review these standards. All Beacons users must abide by these standards to continue using the Beacons platform.
If you come across any content on a Beacons page that violates these Community Standards, please fill out and complete a Report Violation form.
Helping website visitors make informed decisions is incredibly important to us at Beacons. We add informational labels to links that may not be appropriate for visitors of all ages. Specifically, if you're linking out to adult content on your page, you must turn on the sensitive content notice, ensure the content on your page itself are suitable for all ages, and make sure what you are linking to is legal in your region.
Diversity of thought is important to us at Beacons, but we do not permit content that discriminates against people, incites hate or violence, or inflicts harm.
Prohibited or illegal goods and services
Beacons does not permit the exchange of or the incitement of exchange of prohibited or illegal goods or services through the platform. These prohibited or illegal goods and services include:
- Body parts
- Certain sexually oriented materials or services
- Counterfeit goods
- Currency exchanges
- Driver's license, passports or other identification documents issued by a government agency
- Drug paraphernalia
- Drugs, including but not limited to, narcotics, cigarettes, steroids, and certain controlled substances
- Embargoed goods
- Endangered or protected species or parts of these species
- Hazardous materials
- Human trafficking
- Multi-level marketing offers
- Payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption
- Personal information
- Products or services identified by government agencies to have high likelihood of being fraudulent
- Products that present a risk to consumer safety
- Recalled items
- Regulated living species
- Stolen items, including digital and virtual goods
- Tobacco based products
- Toxic materials
- Weapons, including but not limited to, ammunition, firearms, and certain firearm parts
Preserving intellectual property is important to us. We do not allow the uploading of any content that infringes on copyrights, trademarks, or patents.
We have a no tolerance policy for any content featuring violent or disturbing content.
We absolutely do not permit spams or scams. Creators cannot use their pages to engage in any spams or scams.
We prioritize protecting all visitors so we do not permit any form of intimidation, harassment, or bullying.
We do not tolerate child harm or any content that endorses child harm in any way. We actively report any cases of possible child harm to relevant national authorities.
We encourage people's journeys through recovery but we do not permit any content that encourages any form of self-harm.
Individual privacy is critically important to us at Beacons, so we do not permit the sharing of any personal identifying information.
We do not allow accounts that pose as another person or entity in a deceptive manner.
We do not allow creators to exchange Beacons usernames for money. If you pick a username, you must do so with the intention of using it.