Every day we see creators making thousands of dollars 💵 💸 🤑 selling digital products on Beacons - and you can too! From ebooks, to guides and 1-on-1 coaching, there is something every creator can offer to their audience, and I’m here to share it all - lets go. 🚀
Creators of every niche and size can sell digital products to their audience. After talking to hundreds of creators, we know how hard it can be to decide what kind of product you should offer to your audience.
Don’t worry, - Beacons has got you covered - keep reading and you’ll see! Below are the top selling digital product categories on Beacons! 👇
Ready to start selling? Start selling on Beacons Store today - it’s free!
What is a digital product?
A digital product is any item that you can sell to someone online, that doesn’t have any physical form. You are not able to hold a ebook in your hand (but you can try lol). Digital products can also be in the form of a service such as a 1 on 1 coaching call, or a personalized meal plan.
You can sell digital products for a fee (such as a one time payment or subscription), or give the product away in exchange for collecting information from the buyer, such as their name and email.
Why sell digital products?
- Diversify your income streams. Social media algorithms and brands’ marketing budgets change faster than anyone can keep up. Creating a product on a platform you control gives you enhanced stability with income and reaching your audience.
- Earn High-profit margins. Digital products only need a small upfront investment of your time and design resources. There is no manufacturing process involved, and you can expect to keep 91% or more of your profit!
- Establish authority in your niche. Establish yourself as a prominent and highly respected figure in your niche, paving the way for organic follower growth and opening doors to speaking engagements and exciting collaborations.
- Scale infinitely to a global audience. You are not limited to just buyers in your town or country. You can reach anyone across the globe and NEVER run out of inventory. You also never have to worry about running out of space.
- Provide value to your audience. Whether you make a workout guide, photo preset, or content planning calendar, you are helping your audience achieve their own goals.
- Passive Income Potential: Digital products become a passive income stream after the initial work is done. Digital products will generate revenue while you sleep or work on new projects.
- Monetize Existing Content: Transform existing blogs, videos, podcasts into ebooks, guides and courses.
Why sell on Beacons?
Beacons is perfect for any creator who makes and sells digital products and wants to reach a worldwide audience. Beacons gives creators a powerful platform of over 14 different tools to manage and run their entire business on, the Beacons Store is one of those powerful tools.
- 0% Fees: Beacons offers the lowest fees of any digital seller platform for a low monthly rate of $10, otherwise 9%.
- Seamless Integration: Beacons gives creators the most powerful and easy to use tools to build a strong and easily scaleable creator business. Email marketing directly integrates into the store and which allows you to build a mobile optimized campaign in minutes.
- Advanced Customizations: Beacons brought it’s best in class Link in Bio customizations to the store. You can now have a digital store-front that matches your online look at feel.
- Support 20+ Currencies: Provides sellers the flexibility to list and sell in whichever currency they prefer.
- Social Asset Generator: The #1 way to make sales is putting the product in front of your audience, and Beacons tools turn the advertisement process into a few simple clicks.
- Ai Image and Text Generation: Beacons gives you industry leading tools to write amazing product descriptions and generate images, that drive more conversions for you.
- Sales and Earnings Analytics: Sellers get the most important channel, conversion and sales information delivered directly to them, to make better decisions on where and how to maximize sales.
Ready to start selling? Start selling on Beacons Store today - get 2 Months Free!
eBooks are a great first product, they deliver valuable insight and information in an easy to understand format. You can make them in any text editor such as Notion, Google Docs or Word and export them as a PDF.
@Andrewoptics - The Art of Storytelling Through Photography
@Erin.Marcuzzo’s - A Beginner’s Guide to Digital Marketing + Digital Products
@lifestylebanker’s - Top 100 Excel List
💡Pro Tip: The key is getting the content out in the hands of your audience so you can see how they react to it, and then iterate on it to improve. So don’t wait!
Countless people look for a head start on their projects, from social media mangers to wedding planners. Give your followers a cost effective and customizable template that saves them time.
@lillianzhang's Income + Expense Tracker
@weddingplanninghq - The Ultimate Wedding Planning Bundle
@brittsocialmedia - Content Calendar Template
💡Pro Tip: As a creator yourself, you probably already have tools/templates you use in your daily life. Start by adapting one of your own tools and turn it into a template for your followers. THEN create a video showcasing how you use the template in your daily workflow to show your audience how valuable the template can be for them as well!
3. Coaching Calls
Your fans follow you because they want your advice and insight. Leverage your expertise by offering 1 on 1 advice and coaching calls. These are often great high ticket items as they tend to be more expensive.
As a creator, your time is your most valuable asset so make sure you charge accordingly! Take inspiration from some of Beacons’ top sellers below.
@taylormitchell’s - 1-on-1 Financial Coaching
@theglowupsecrets - 1:1 Private Coaching 🦋
@spillthetarot’s - Private Tarot Card Reading
4. Photo Editing Presets
Of all the products sold on Beacons, photo and video editing presets stand out as some of the most popular. Preset packs save time and create stunning images, making them valuable for both professionals and enthusiasts.
Among the many types of products sold on Beacons, photo editing presets stand out as one of the most popular choices among photographers and editors. Preset packs are carefully crafted to improve the photo editing process, making them valuable for professional and enthusiasts alike.
Preset packs allow users to apply filters, adjustments, and effects to their work giving them the ability to replicate creator's aesthetics in their own projects. These presets empower creators to share not only their expertise but also their unique creative vision.
@meshna’s - Sony to Leica Lightroom Profile
@keeganrobin’s - Dog Photography Editing Presets (for Adobe Lightroom)
@mattyloucas’s - Presets: Vibrance Pack 1.0
💡Pro Tip: Unlock the Power of Lead Magnets. A strategic approach to enhance your success in selling is to offer a single preset pack at no cost, using it as a compelling lead magnet. Then, you can leverage Beacons' email marketing capabilities to send upsell offers for your premium preset packs
5. Exclusive Pictures & Videos
Selling exclusive images and videos to your fans is a powerful way to give them behind-the-scenes glimpses into your life. It's also a great way to cultivate exclusivity among your true fans.
For instance, you can consider offering products like custom wallpapers and printable coloring pages. These unique digital treasures provide a valuable and intimate connection with your followers.
@cozynamie’s - Printable Halloween Coloring Page
@psychologee’s - Widget-Organising Wallpapers
@tealdays - Free November Wallpapers [4K]
6. Patterns & Designs
Calling all creator artists, crafts people and creatives! By providing your audience with patterns and designs, you can help teach your followers the craft you have worked so diligently to master.
The world of digital patterns and designs is a great realm for artists, craftsmen, and all those with a flair for creativity. By offering your own patterns and designs, you're not just providing products; you're becoming a mentor helping your audience master your artistry. This builds further trust and connection with your followers.
@hanmade’s - Jumbo Ramen Pattern
@kazulcosplay’s - Wolf Mask Digital Pattern
@mrfixitdiy’s The Poor Man’s Workbench
Ready to start selling?
Creating and selling a digital product is easier than you might think. Our team has helped creators sell millions of dollars of products on Beacons, and they are excited to help do the same for you.
The first step in selling a digital product is understanding what your audience would be interested in buying. Research will be the first step in your journey. Some common tactics creators use are; checking their dm’s for common questions, and looking at what similar creators in their niche offer to their audience.
Once you figure out what product your audience would be interested in buying, the next step is to create the digital product. There are many popular tools that exist already to create digital products such as Canva, Notion, Google Docs, and Chat GPT. If you are offering a digital course or appointment those can be created in Beacons directly.
Step three in the product journey is setting up your Beacons Store, which can be done in as little as two minutes. All you need is the product file, name, and price and you are ready to go. You can watch our video guide to setting up a Beacons store here.
Promoting your product is one of the most important steps in selling, but often the most intimidating for creators. The biggest tip is remembering that your audience chooses to follow YOU. They like you, and want to support you, as long as you are providing them with a high quality and valuable product your true fans will always be there.
Promoting the digital product can be accomplished a variety of ways. Some of the best ways are; posting Instagram and TikTok stories, going live on Instagram/TikTok, and using Beacons Email marketing tool to reach your audience directly in their inbox.
If you are looking for more personalized selling tips and guides you can reach our customer success team at [email protected] to help you with a personalized sales plan.
Are you ready to take the jump and make your first sale on Beacons today? We hope this information provided you with the confidence to start creating and selling your first digital product on Beacons.
Not a Beacons user yet? 🏀 Sign up for Beacons today, and get started with 2 months free!
Get Started Today
Selling digital products on Beacons store can level up your content creation business. With this information you can create fantastic products your audience will love, and make sales on day one.
Sign up to Beacons today and access powerful selling tools for creators, and build deeper relationships with your followers today!
- Is selling digital products profitable?
- Absolutely, digital products often have profit margins above 90%. They beat physical products because there is minimal cost to creating them, and the same product can be sold endlessly with little upkeep.
- Who should sell digital products?
- Any creator should sell digital products. Creators of every niche and size can make, and sell a digital product to their audience. You could be a chef in California, a designer in Denmark, or a personal finance creator in Paris, all of them and more should sell digital products.
- How do you create a digital product?
- There are endless tools online to create digital products. We suggest using the tool that you are most comfortable working in. Some tools we suggest are: Canva, Notion, Google Docs & Chat GPT. You can also create certain types of products in Beacons as well.
- Can all creators sell digital products?
- YES! If you have a unique perspective and knowledge about the subject you can sell a digital product. The only limiting factor is your imagination.